Grilled Jerk Chops
Moist and tender chops are treated to a quick, tangy marinade that gives this fresh meal weeknight ease. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 medium limes
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- Finely grate the peel from one lime; set aside. Squeeze juice from
- two limes. Cut remaining two limes in half; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning, oil, lime peel and half
- of the juice; rub over pork chops. Refrigerate for at least 30
- minutes. Meanwhile, peel and quarter pineapple; drizzle with
- remaining lime juice.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops and pineapple, covered,
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160° and pineapple is tender. Grill lime
- halves for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Chop pineapple; serve with pork and lime halves. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 3/4 cup pineapple equals 426 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium,