Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken
Make-ahead marinade is your best friend when feeding a crowd. This one for grilled chicken is good to know and very easy to memorize. —Marybeth Wright, Maitland, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 286 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.