Grilled Herbed Pork Roast
During the summer, we enjoy cooking outdoors on our gas grill, and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare pork.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour + standing
- 2 tablespoons dill seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over pork roast.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; place a pan of water in the center.
- Grill roast, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/4 hours
- or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 170 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.