Grilled Herb Vegetables
The convenience of frozen vegetables takes the worry out of cooking dinner. Best of all, you still get that fresh flavor of summer. Simply take a bagged veggie blend, add some quick pantry staples, and cook for a satisfying complement to just about any main dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a double
- thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil over
- vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or
- until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.