Grilled Greek-Style Zucchini
"I made this dish for my Women's Health Initiative Group at our local university, and everyone just loved it," informs Betty Washburn of Reno, Nevada. "The grilled vegetables pick up a pleasantly mild flavor from the lemon juice and herb seasonings."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, olives and onion. Combine
- oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; pour over
- vegetables and toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 23 in. x 18 in.). Fold foil around vegetables
- and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 51 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,