Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Instead of making a traditional fruit salad, why not try these quick and easy kabobs.Mrs. Travis Baker, Litchfield, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium nectarines, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium peaches, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 to 4 medium plums, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 10 apricots, halved
- 3 tablespoons honey or light corn syrup, warmed
- Thread fruit alternately onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium-hot heat until fruit is heated through, about
- 6 minutes, turning often. Brush with honey or corn syrup during the
- last minute of grilling time. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 201 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.