Grilled Fish Sandwiches
Violet Beard of Marshall, Illinois seasons fish fillets with lime juice and lemon-pepper before charbroiling them on the grill. A simple mayonnaise and honey-mustard sauce puts the sandwiches ahead of the rest.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Brush both sides of fillets with lime juice; sprinkle with
- lemon-pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered,
- over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on
- each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Spread
- over the bottom of each bun. Top with a fillet, lettuce and tomato;
- replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 241 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.