Grilled Dijon Fish
This mild dish is ideal for a quick summer meal. The simple marinade has just enough flavor to compliment the fish without overwhelming its delicate taste. Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas shares the recipe
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- Dash paprika
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the
- lemon juice, mustard and salt. Remove 2 tablespoons; set aside. Pour
- remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the
- fillets. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside for 20 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10
- minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork.
- To serve, arrange fish on a plate. Drizzle with reserved marinade;
- sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 235 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.