Grilled Deli Sandwiches
This outstanding sourdough sandwich is packed with a variety of meats, cheeses and sauteed vegetables.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 pound each thinly sliced deli ham, smoked turkey and pastrami
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in oil
- until tender. Layer six bread slices with ham, turkey, pastrami,
- bacon, vegetables and cheese; top with remaining bread. Wrap each
- sandwich in foil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 548 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,745 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.