Grilled Corn Salad
"Our family and friends always rave over this dish at Sunday afternoon barbecues," confirms Patty Cook of West Palm Beach, Florida. "We usually grill the corn the night before. I especially like this recipe because it lets me share the cooking with my husband, Rich. We call him "King of the Grill'!"
7 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 7 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 7 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 7 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the dressing and rosemary;
- add corn. Seal bag and turn to coat; remove corn from marinade. Seal
- bag and refrigerate marinade.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat
- for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Return corn
- to the marinade; add tomatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain corn and tomatoes, reserving marinade. Cut corn off the cob.
- Arrange spinach on salad plates; top with tomatoes and corn. Drizzle
- with reserved marinade. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 141 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.