Grilled Chicken with Peach Sauce
I've been cooking since I was a young girl growing up on a farm in Indiana. This recipe was adapted from a pie filling. I've served it many times to family and friends.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peach or orange gelatin
- 1 medium peach, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin powder and peach; mix
- well until gelatin powder is dissolved. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each
- side. Baste with some of the remaining peach sauce. Continue
- grilling for 6-8 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170°,
- basting and turning several times. Serve with the reserved peach
- sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.