Grilled Chicken Sausages with Harvest Rice
My husband loves the chicken sausages so I am always tryng new recipes with them. The flavors of fall were used in this recipe and this easy 5 ingredient supper is so quick,inexpensive,healthy and delicious. We prefer the apple flavored sausages but any flavor would work well.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed and drained well
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add squash and simmer, uncovered,
- for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cranberries; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill sausages, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, turning often. Slice
- sausages and serve with rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.