Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Once you bite into this grilled sandwich assembled by our home economists, you'll be surprised to learn that it is a light recipe. Despite its scrumptious buttery taste, it is made without butter or oil. Try it with turkey for some variation.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices marble rye bread
- 2 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- Top two slices of bread with cheese and chicken; cover with remaining
- bread. In a bowl, whisk the egg substitute, mayonnaise and mustard;
- spread outside of sandwiches with egg mixture. In a large nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sandwiches on both sides
- until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 348 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,496 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.