Grilled Chicken Salad
Finding foods that my husband will eat is sometimes a challenge. I came up with this salad in an effort to duplicate one of his favorite restaurant dishes. He ate very bite!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Oil and vinegar salad dressing, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice, soy
- sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add chicken
- strips; seal bag and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- To serve, arrange greens on four serving plates; top with tomatoes,
- pineapple, onions and warm chicken. Drizzle with dressing if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with low-sodium soy sauce and served without dressing) equals 6 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit; also, 383 calories, 381 mg sodium,