Grilled Chicken Cucumber Salad
“I often increase this quick and light yet nourishing grilled salad to serve company,” notes Patricia Vatta of Norwood, Ontario.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1-1/4 cups sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and dill. Pour 1/4 cup into a
- large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Keep warm.
- Brush 1 tablespoon dressing over apple rings; grill for 1 minute on
- each side. Divide salad greens and cucumber between two serving
- plates. Slice chicken; arrange chicken and apple rings over greens.
- Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat ranch dressing) equals 356 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.