Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
"These special chicken bundles are absolutely delicious," remarks Shawna McCutcheon of Homer City, Pennsylvania. "You can assemble them up to 8 hours in advance and keep them in the fridge. Then just place them on the grill shortly before dinner."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a slice of cheese and
- ham on each to within 1/4 in. of edges. Fold in half; secure with
- toothpicks. Brush with oil and roll in bread crumbs.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or
- until chicken is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 442 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,290 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.