Grilled Broccoli & Cauliflower
This is a great grilled side dish with just about any meat. For a variation, add one large baking potato, or mix in asparagus for a veggie extravaganza! —Tara Delgado, Wauseon, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and onion; spritz
- with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with the garlic salt, paprika
- and pepper; toss to coat. Place vegetables on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18-in. x 12-in.); fold foil around vegetables
- and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 47 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.