Grilled Beef Fajitas
Grilling the tortillas in this easy fajita recipe makes them have just the right amount of crunch, and the red pepper and cream cheese really makes them feel special.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon oil
- until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the steak, Italian seasoning, salt and
- pepper in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese off-center on each tortilla; top
- with beef mixture. Fold in sides and roll up. Cook on a panini maker
- or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until tortilla is browned. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fajita equals 379 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.