Grilled Bacon-Onion Appetizers
”I’m the father of three girls who loves cooking for the family in my spare time,” says Dayton Hulst from Moorhead, Minnesota. ”All of us really love this savory treat.”
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 large sweet onions
- 12 hickory-smoked bacon strips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- Cut each onion into 12 wedges. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise;
- wrap a piece of bacon around each onion wedge and secure with
- toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, molasses and
- barbecue sauce; pour 1/2 cup over onions. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1 hour, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill onions, covered, over medium heat
- for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting frequently with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.