Grilled Asian Beef Ribbons
A fellow nurse who also happens to be a fabulous cook shared this recipe with me. We like it served with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-in. strips. In a resealable
- plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and red
- pepper flakes; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat onto four metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill meat, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4-1/2 ounces cooked beef equals 304 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.