Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Even when there are just two at the table, Sandy Hunt, Racine, Wisconsin, sees to it that her salads are well-dressed for dinner. "I keep a bottle of this light dressing in the fridge," she says.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- shake well. Serve over salad. Yield: 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without greens and vegetables) equals 49 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.