Greens and Sprouts Salad
Bean sprouts, water chestnuts and chow mein noodles give this crunchy green salad an Asian flair. It's tossed with bacon, eggs and a tangy homemade French dressing for added appeal.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- FRENCH DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, lettuce, eggs, bacon, bean
- sprouts and water chestnuts. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. In a
- blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until
- blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.