Green Tomato Jam
As the tomato season draws near and you have a bumper crop of green tomatoes on your vine, reach for this one-of-a-kind jam! Everyone is pleased with its great taste.Norma Henderson, Hampton, New Brunswick
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups pureed green tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- In a large saucepan, bring tomatoes and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- gelatin until dissolved. Skim off any foam. Pour into jars or
- freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. head space. Cool before covering
- with lids. Refrigerate. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.