Green onions and parsley give this rice its name, but the appealing flavor is what makes it memorable.Karin Bailey, Golden, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter for 1
- minute or until tender. Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice
- is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the
- broth, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until
- liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 240 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.