Green Onion Rolls
Better double the batch! These savory, elegant rolls will disappear fast. —Jane Kroeger, Key Largo, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter. Roll dough into a 12-in.
- x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses,
- pepper and garlic salt if desired.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seams to
- seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place each slice in a greased muffin cup.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 141 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.