Green Onion Drop Biscuits
These golden gems, developed by our Test Kitchen, are beyond scrumptious-crunchy on the outside and moist and tender inside. You'll want to save a few biscuits for mini ham sandwiches on Easter Monday. Feel free to substitute chives for green onions.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, onions, sugar, baking powder,
- salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just
- until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.