Green Olive Tapenade
“This recipe offers an excellent way to create elegant and full-flavored appetizers,” writes Teresa Spencer from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. “It’s perfect with wine and other drinks."
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 14 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Add olives; cover and pulse until coarsely
- chopped. Serve with toasted French bread. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons tapenade with 1 slice of bread equals 116 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.