Green Mint Bark
I started making this sweet Christmas treat a couple years ago and it has become a family favorite. It goes together fast and looks festive, too. —Hillary Templin, Kennewick, Washington
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 12 ounces green candy coating disks
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 candy canes, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips;
- stir until smooth. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle on
- prepared baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in
- extract. Spread over white layer; sprinkle with candy.
- Chill for 10 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 ounce equals 171 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.