Green Goddess Salad Dressing
It’s no trick to fix this time-honored dressing at home with a recipe from Baldwin City, Kansas field editor Page Alexander. “Made with fresh ingredients, it’s excellent—a real treat compared to store-bought dressing,” she comments.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 green onion tops, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl or jar; cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 119 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.