Green Beans with Radishes
Green Beans with Radishes, suggested by Minnesota field editor Marlene Muchenhirn of Delano, is a side dish with a flavorful twist. "The fresh green beans are so pretty mixed with crisp radish slices," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter just until tender. Stir in
- the beans, lemon juice and soy sauce; cook and stir until heated
- through. Just before serving, sprinkle with radishes. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.