Green Beans with Mushrooms
This is a tried-and-true favorite! After I first tried this recipe, my family liked it so much they requested it at least once a week! Luckily, it's easy to prepare.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound small, fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pine nuts
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in onions;
- set aside. Steam or cook beans in small amount of water until
- tender-crisp; drain. Combine beans and mushroom mixture; add pepper
- and dill weed. Garnish with nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 75 calories, 35 mg sodium, 6 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 4 gm fat.