Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts
“Just a few ingredients make this brightly colored side come together. It has a great balance of flavors. Lemon and pine nuts—what a match!” Cittie - TasteofHome.com Community
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place
- beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, olive oil, lemon
- peel, salt and pepper. Pour over beans; sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.