Green Beans with Herbs
A wife and husband who both love to cook, Anne and Jesse Foust of Bluefield, West Virginia share this easy-to-fix side dish. After a taste, you're sure to agree that their recipe takes plain green beans to a higher level.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the beans, onion and
- celery. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. Sprinkle with the basil, rosemary, salt and
- pepper. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 25 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.