Green Beans Italiano
The tomatoes and green beans make a pretty combo in this vegetable dish. Eliminate the salt if you prefer. Amy Welk-Thieding
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt if
- desired and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add beans and
- tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.