Green Bean Supreme
The combination of sour cream and dill makes this a delicious variation of traditional green bean casserole. I've had the recipe for more than 25 years.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large skillet, saute onion, dill and parsley in butter until
- onion is tender. Stir in flour and sour cream. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook the beans according to package directions; drain. Stir beans and
- cheese into the sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt.
- baking dish; sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 235 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.