Green Bean Stir-Fry
Soy sauce and peanut butter flavor these crisp-tender beans. "They're a nice change from the usual green bean salads and casseroles," says Robin Joss from Ashburn, Virginia. "With a sesame seed crunch, this dish always wows guests and brings plenty of recipe requests."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, brown
- sugar and peanut butter; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry green beans in oil until crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat. Add the soy sauce mixture; stir to coat.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.