Green Bean Salad
“I make this with fresh green beans from the garden. I could eat it all myself!” —Kathy Smith, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, cheese
- and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil,
- vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing;
- toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 131 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium,