Green Bean Salad
Potato, tomato and onion complement the fresh green beans in colorful Green Bean Salad. A subtle oil-and-vinegar dressing lends fresh herb flavor to the mix. The recipe comes from the kitchen of Sarah Maranto of Bakersfield, California.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil;
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool; cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, place green beans in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. drain and cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the beans, potato, tomato and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining
- ingredients; shake well. Pour over the bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium,