Green Bean Potato Bake
As a pastor's wife, I often cook up contributions to church dinners using on-hand ingredients. This creamy bake was such a hit, I now take it to family get-togethers as well. I make it up ahead, refrigerate it and bake it shortly before serving.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 cups cubed peeled cooked potatoes
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, beans,
- ham, 2 cups cheese and onion. In a large bowl, combine the soup,
- milk, mayonnaise and sour cream; pour over the top and gently stir
- to coat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 346 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 841 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.