Green Bean Corn Casserole
Dawn Harvey of Danville, Pennsylvania writes, "This is a classic church-social casserole, which has become a family favorite, even with my extended family. I reduced fat in many of the ingredients and find that it still has a very satisfying flavor that everyone loves."
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup crushed reduced-fat cheese crackers
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese and onion. Stir
- in the beans and corn. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle cracker crumbs around the edges. Spritz several
- times with butter-flavored spray. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until
- heated through and edges are lightly browned. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.