Green Bean Casserole
This dish always conjures up memories of Mom's traditional Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. Everyone loves green beans when they're dressed up in a creamy suace and topped with golden french-fried onions.Christy Hinrichs, Parkville, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/3 cups frozen cut green beans or cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper. Stir
- in beans and 1/4 cup onions. Transfer to a 2 or 3 cup baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 125 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.