Green Bean Bake
Your family will fall for this deliciously different green bean casserole. Lemon peel adds the right amount of tartness.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- saucepan, saute onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in
- the sour cream, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drain beans; add sauce
- and gently stir until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil
- 6 in. from the heat until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 181 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.