Greek-Style Ribeye Steaks
Because our children are grown, I often cook for just my husband and me. When I want to serve something special, this is the entree I usually reach for. Seasonings, black olives and feta cheese give steak great flavor.
Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub onto both
- sides of steaks. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil for 7-9
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with lemon juice, cheese and olives.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.