Greek-Style Green Beans
I was captivated by this recipe since I'm both Italian and Greek. It has a decidedly Mediterranean flair.
- Michele Scharf
Lindenhurst, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small tomato, cut into eighths
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add the beans;
- saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add the tomato,
- oregano, salt and pepper; cool 1 minute longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.