Greek Salad Pitas
This healthy meal-in-a-pocket combines fresh Greek salad with a velvety smooth bean spread. You can also serve the spread with crackers or as a dip with cut vegetables.Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons sliced Greek olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, cheese, artichokes,
- olives and oregano.
- Spread bean mixture into pita halves; add salad. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 filled pita half equals 292 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium,