My husband is of Greek decent, so I'm always interested in Greek recipes. This dish goes together easily and cooks quickly, plus it costs less than packages rice mixes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is
- tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.