- occasionally. Drain macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, egg and cheese; set aside. For
- sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cinnamon
- until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from
- the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all
- to pan, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese.
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture.
- Top with beef mixture and remaining macaroni mixture. Pour sauce
- over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or
- until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.