Greek Ham Wraps
Feta cheese and black olives give Greek flavor to julienned ham in these tasty handheld specialties. "I sometimes add slices of roasted red pepper before wrapping everything in the tortilla," says Marilou. The green onion tie is a simple way to turn an ordinary lunch into something special.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 cups julienned fully cooked ham (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Additional green onions, optional
- 1 cup water, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and basil; spread over each
- tortilla. Top with lettuce, ham, olives, feta cheese and chopped
- onions; roll up.
- For optional onion ties, cut white portion off additional onions;
- save for another use. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add
- green onion tops; boil for 1 minute or until softened. Drain and
- immediately place onion tops in ice water; drain and pat dry. Tie
- around wraps. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 409 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,475 mg sodium,