Greek Green Beans
In an effort to eat healthier, I'm trying to serve more vegetables," relates Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "So I substituted green beans for the pasta in one of my favorite Greek dishes. It's even better than the original.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the beans, oil, garlic and salt.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender,
- stirring twice. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 107 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.