Greek Green Bean Medley
Sweet orange peppers add bright flavor to this simple, elegant side—a perfect pairing for any entree. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and orange pepper in oil
- until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute
- longer. Add green beans; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 70 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.